averageplayerna

Outfox doesn't choose faster server while playing

Question

Whenever I use outfox no matter what game I play it shows that there's no server available to use, but after I close my game down it shows me my lower ping "If I had used Outfox". I'm not sure how to use this but in the picture attached you can see that there's no line for Outfox server and the server is grayed out. The session that just ended was only 5 ping but there's been times playing other games where the difference was 20+. 

Outfox.PNG

3 answers to this question

Hello @averageplayerna

It appears based off the screenshot that your ISP connection was used instead of Outfox.The Outfox Connection Not Used notification indicates the Outfox network was not used during your gaming session. When using the Fastest Server option to connect, Outfox completes a technical evaluation looking at factors including network congestion and ping time. It then determines if the Outfox network or your native internet connection is the fastest. If you see Outfox Not Used displayed, this means your standard internet connection was faster than the Outfox connection, so you were not connected to our network.

Try manually selecting a server location closest to your location the next time you play a game and see if the ping improves.

Regards,

Hi,

I tried that but it still doesn't do anything. I picked the server closest and it just didn't do anything at all. I'm not sure why it's not working even when I forced picked a server.

Outfox.jpg

Thank you for the reply.

Please grab the log files and send them via email along with these screenshots to support@getoutfox.com

We'll have our Dev team look into the issue further.

Thanks!