abrarfarhan566

Outfox is not been used

Question

When i was playing fortnite and used the outfox then outfox was not used.As it showed if used then it would have an improvement for my ping.After some time outfox was used by fortnite but this time i couldn't go in the match because fortnite showed that there was a network connection lost and i thrown  back in the lobby

3 answers to this question

Hey @abrarfarhan566,

Sorry to hear about the trouble there.  When you start a match Outfox runs a test to see which connection is better at that time.  If your ISP's path to the game server is more optimal than our path, it will not use Outfox.  The connection quality will change as the match goes on, which explains why at the end of the match, Outfox's path would have been an improvement.  

You can go into the settings of Outfox and select a specific server location to play instead of using the default of "Fastest Server".  This will tell Outfox to always be used even if the path isn't initially better than your ISP.

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply.

It appears that the "Fastest Server" setting is still selected in the settings of Outfox.  You will need to change the server within Outfox to a specific location other than "Fastest".

Should the issue persist after selecting a location we will need you to send the log files via email for further review.  support@getoutfox.com

https://www.getoutfox.com/support#how-do-i-find-my-log-files

Thanks!