gszero

Shown ping wrong?

Question

So I have been using this for a bit now the trial so far. And it does work. But not as advertised nor as what is shown in the graph you provide. For example, I get an average ping of 80 in Overwatch. With Outfox I get an average of 58-63 very good improvement. 

Now that is great and all but Outfox in the app claims my ping is 34-42 and jumps between those numbers. This however is not the case at all. I wish I was getting the ping Outfox thinks I am getting but it is not. Is there a reason for this or am I reading this wrong?

The main game I want this for is Smite. I get 85-110ms ping in there and with Outfox it drops to 70 and hovers around there. That is amazing but again. It says I am getting 45 ping. Not even close to whats being advertised to me.

1 answer to this question

Hello @gszero

When we gather network information to determine ping values, we are using raw ping data for your connection over our network. Sometimes, this will cause a discrepancy between the ping time you see with Outfox and the ping time you see in your game. In-game ping reports likely include additional factors such as latency overhead for server processing. Outfox pings are accurate to the network latency and do not include such factors.