cyrusmoini

Inferior Ping Being Used?

Question

Okay, so first off i'm very interested in purchasing a subscription. However, i need to get some things cleared up before i make that decision. Why is my connection "in use" when there is a -100% improvement? This does not happen all of the time, but in the short time i've used this program it happens frankly too often.

Also, i stream using Streamlabs Studio and have noticed that Outfox actually kicks on more often when i'm streaming at 1080p 60fps at 6000 upstream on Twitch. Is there a reason for this?

I genuinely believe this program could benefit my cause, i just need to understand more about it and how to optomize my PC to get the most out of it.

And also, i have a 300 down 30 up service if that info helps any. And also for the record i'm using "fastest connection possible"

Bo5jm0FTxR.thumb.png.9d422e167d92ab5a985ef4749e769f3f.png

okfBG44wRB.thumb.png.a27fe945c9c3338da483160886b8b3bb.png

NspMLhbXVE.png

1 answer to this question

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay in our response here.

The negative 100% ping can happen when latency values aren't retrieved properly or if ICMP is blocked. It is a possible firewall or local network configuration issue. You should ensure your router isn't blocking any type of ICMP traffic and your firewall softrware should not restrict that traffic either. Might need to disable router/software firewalls temporarily to diagnose.

We can't be sure why you would notice Outfox connecting more often when you're using Streamlab. My best guess regarding that would be that Streamlabs alters your connection in such a way that Outfox more frequently detects that it can provide a better connection than your default connection.

If you have any further questions, please contact us here - https://www.getoutfox.com/support