billimausi11

Is outfox actually doing anything?

Question

So basically my ping in game and the ping reported in the client when playing LoL is totally different. Outfox is reporting about 200 ping but the game is reporting 260+. Is it actually doing what it's supposed to do?

5 answers to this question

Hey @billimausi11,

Thank's for posting today!  I understand that you're seeing a discrepancy in your ping times.  This is expected behavior as we calculate the ping to the game servers differently than how the game developers calculate their in game ping.  Our blog post below goes in to more detail about this process.

https://www.getoutfox.com/blog/outfox-vs-in-game-ping

In regards to is it actually doing anything, well that depends. 

During the start of the match, Outfox performs tests to determine, at that moment, which connection would be better and chooses to enable or not based on the results.

If you see "Outfox Connection: In Use", then you're using our path to the game server for that match.

Should you see "Outfox Connection: Not Used", then we were not able to provide a better connection than your ISPs to the game server for that match.

Thanks!

On 5/18/2019 at 3:21 AM, billimausi11 said:

So basically my ping in game and the ping reported in the client when playing LoL is totally different. Outfox is reporting about 200 ping but the game is reporting 260+. Is it actually doing what it's supposed to do? 

Even with me, similar thing is happening. Tried each and every thing suggested all over the internet but still the problem exists. It's not going away!!!!

On 7/16/2019 at 4:25 AM, adamappleboy said:

Even with me, similar thing is happening. Tried each and every thing suggested all over the internet but still the problem exists. It's not going away!!!!

did you find the solution? i am having the exact same issue did your issue got resolved? :/

On 8/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, smithclarkson001 said:

did you find the solution? i am having the exact same issue did your issue got resolved? :/

Please reach out to our support teams Smithclarkson001 so they may better assist you https://www.getoutfox.com/support

hey,

I've been testing it on League of Legends and Overwatch. In both cases I get around 80 Ping normally, and Outfox reduced it to 55 Ping which is nice for times when a roommate happens to be using a lot of internet and is causing me some lag. It's not a miracle worker though. For every game you need to route through your ISP's network to connect to the game server, if your provider already has the fastest route than Outfox won't even try work.

thanks and regards