starlord3217

Any estimations of pricing on next gen PC Gaming?

2 posts in this topic

So with the next gen of consoles rolling around the corner, around late next year, I'm finally going to switch to PC, and now that crossplay is becoming more prevalent and Halo is coming to PC, I don't worry about leaving my friend groups anymore, and I'm old enough to work now so I'm starting to save up for a good PC around late next year. People are speculating that the next consoles will be more expensive, around the 5-8 hundred dollar mark. I want to get a PC that could do everything Xbox Scarlett could do for around the same price. Does this seem possible? Holiday of 2020 isn't that far away, and it seems like technology will have to go up, and prices will have to go down rapidly for me to do this. Thoughts

Personally, when it comes to PC gaming I feel it to be way better off now than it was, lets say ten years ago! There's just so much you can do with a PC vs. a console and the best thing is; backwards compatibility! Older games usually last longer, even as new versions of Windows gets released. Overall the consoles will always be playing catch up to PC and it's just a better investment. 

With a budget of ~$800 you could walk away with a decent PC and it will perform as well, if not better, as an Xbox/PS4. Think about it like this; would you rather spend $600 every around every 6 years on a new graphics card (high-mid/High end) and continue to use all the benefits of a full PC or the same amount on a console that is severely limited in functionality compared?

Bottom line, PC will always win in my book :D