Question

This has to do with League Of Legends. Most of the times when I play LoL my avarage ping is about 100-150ping max. Once I downloaded the app it said that Outfox is not in use and I was playing with 99-100ms with really low ping raises up to 117ms. After that game Outfox was in use and it said that my improvement was -100% and I had 200ms teleporting sometimes around the map instead of moving. I don't know what happened but if I keep playing like this and losing games I delete Outfox cause it seems useless when the only thing it does is increasing my ping. But even though I had 200ms+ it says that without Outfox my package loss is 71% and with it 0% I am not sure if this is true but since I have played in the past with 200ms I can say that it didn't feel I really play with 200ms it felt like 150ms+. Hope you can fix it and maybe the app lowers the ping and not increasing it. Am I using the app wrong?

Can someone please tell me how is this supposed to be working.

1 answer to this question

Hey @19georgemak35

Sorry to hear you are having trouble playing LoL with Outfox.  I'd first like to address that you will most likely see a different in what is shown on our Outfox ping versus what you are seeing in the game.  A more detailed explanation can be found here: https://www.getoutfox.com/blog/outfox-vs-in-game-ping

When we gather network information to determine ping values, we are using raw ping data for your connection over our network. Sometimes, this will cause a discrepancy between the ping time you see with Outfox and the ping time you see in your game, as an example -100.  In-game ping reports likely include additional factors such as latency overhead for server processing. Outfox pings are accurate to the network latency and do not include such factors. 

Now seeing -100% ping improvement on Outfox can happen when latency values aren't retrieved properly or if ICMP is blocked. 

It's possibly due to firewall or local network configuration issues. Please ensure your router isn't blocking any type of ICMP traffic, and your AV/Firewall software should not restrict that traffic. You might also need to disable router/software firewall temporarily to diagnose this. Should the issue persist or you have any other issues that arise, grab the log files and just send them to support@getoutfox.com

https://www.getoutfox.com/support#how-do-i-find-my-log-files

Thanks!