link2003.2013

BSOD after installing and opening TF2

Question

So as soon as I installed OpenFox and ran TF2 I got a BSOD with the stop code bad_pool_caller.

I have windows 10 64bit

GPU:980ti

CPU:4790k No OC

RAM: 16g 2133 ddr3

Edited by link2003.2013

12 answers to this question

hey Link,

Getting a BSOD? That's no good. Has this issue only ever occurred when you used Outfox?

I'd start off by reinstalling if you haven't already.

Click start
type in appwiz.cpl
Locate Outfox and run the uninstaller
Then download the app again. https://www.getoutfox.com/assets/files/Setup-Outfox.exe

Though, if you are still running into the BSOD issue, then reach out to our Support and we will see if we can help you resolve this: support@getoutfox.com

Thanks!
Wes
Outfox Support

Yeah, I've tested it without OutFox and it launched just fine. I think I'm just gonna uninstall it. I might reinstall it once it comes out of beta. Mostly because this is just way to much work to lower my ping in a game where I already have decent ping and a game I rarely play anymore. Nevermind the fact that the only game you support that I have is TF2

Okay, no worries. Thanks for the interest and sorry you had issues with the app. We are in the process of adding a number of games to our Supported list. So keep an eye out.

Also, if you haven't uninstalled yet, it would be a big help to send us your logs. If you have any further questions, we'll be here!

Find the log file for your session at the following directory: %ProgramData%\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox\Outfox.log

1. Open File Explorer (Win 8/10), also called Windows Explorer (Win 7).
  2. Click in the field at the top that displays what directory you are in. It is the longer field to the left of the Search bar.
  3. Enter the Outfox directory in this format: %ProgramData%\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox
  4. Press Enter.
  5. Locate the Outfox.log file.

Thanks!
Wes
Outfox Support

I did uninstall it, but the logs are still there. I tried to attach it but it doesn't allow for .log file types

Edited by link2003.2013

I was able to send it through the provided email. You should be able to download it from there

Hey, i have same problem can you reply here if you find the tips?

i have BAD_POOL_CALLER

Windows 10

Edited by ccirarr

I haven't found a fix myself, but if you're willing to experiment. Try removing all your mods and moving or clearing your TF2's autoexec file

Hey @ccirarr! I reached out to you via email a moment ago to get the ball rolling on a support ticket. I will need to collect some more info from you in order to properly troubleshoot the problem. Our dev team is looking into reports of the BSODs and your info could be very helpful in determining the exact cause.

Hey all,

Have a look here for a workaround.

The main thread for updates is also linked below. I will be locking this thread, so if you'd like to continue the conversation about the issue, you can do so on the main thread. Thanks!