lotishaqiri73

Someone send me an email about a Video promotion claiming to be part of your team

4 posts in this topic

Im a YouTuber and I receive this email from this guy saying he works for Outfox and he is the PR manager.I would love to promote Outfox on my videos but just responding to emails to this guy he seems a bit sketchy so I wanted to make sure this is legit and real before I do something stupid and get my channel hacked or something.

I dont want to offend the company or this gentlemen,Im just worried about the wellbeing of my YouTube channel which Ive growing for years,hope you understand.

Im only posting this because I have received a lot of emails of people pretending to be a brand and trying to scam me so Im just making sure everything is alright before I proceed!

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 15.13.40.png

Edited by lotishaqiri73

Hey @lotishaqiri73

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I noticed that they claim to be with "Outfoxen" which is not associated with us. So there is a good chance that this is a Spam email and should be disregarded.

Thanks again! 

Hi @Jack M thank you so much for the reply!

Yeah I noticed that too and I sent them another email and this is their response.Please help me to figure this out!

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 16.37.55.png

Hey @lotishaqiri73

We've been seeing some emails and websites appear trying to pose as Outfox. However, at this time there isn't much we are able to do. But we are reviewing our options on how to best approach situations such as these.  At this time, all we can advise is be mindful of the names and websites that they are promoting as some of these websites may try to convince you to download something that may be harmful to your computer. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Best regards,