timothyfinntf303

Routing optimization?

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I did have to recently moved to Mexico city a looking for ways to improve my ping (cause Mexican ISPs are terrible).As wargaming wont let me to move my EU account to NA servers.Outfox does help sometimes but it always  omegle xender connects me to server which is 4000km away.If try to use server located in Mexico city my ping does increase by 40%,which is strange.Considering that my isp is routing my traffic trough 29 hops.How come your private network is not helping?More distance should mean more improvement cause you have servers located near me and also near gaming servers.So i would except less hops and lower ping...

Edited by timothyfinntf303

Hi @timothyfinntf303. Glad to hear Outfox is helping you sometimes! There are many factors that go into improving gaming connection, and number of hops is just one of those factors. Think of us as Waze for gaming traffic. Sometimes a longer route may be faster if the shortest route is more congested. This is why we have the Fastest Server option, which calculates the many routes we have available to identify the fastest path. You can read a little more about this in this blog post: https://www.getoutfox.com/blog/outfox-intelligence