crazyocod

RL Outfox Connections are always negative

Question

As the title suggests... using the fastest server option, Outfox reliably reports an "improvement" of sometimes up to a whole -100%... taking my average ping from 50-60 to 90-110. I have managed to get a reduction of about 30ms or so during a match on a East server, but I had temporarily attempted to select Dallas from the Outfox settings... I've been unable to replicate that benefit, all other matches have seemingly been in the negative according to Outfox. I have fiberoptic, but live in Oklahoma so my average to West is about 60ms while East is about 50ms. If I could get a consistent match like that one Outfox delivered me 25ms, that would be fantastic and I'd be happy to pay... however atm I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong.

unknown.png

unknown2.png

1 answer to this question

@crazyocod, sorry to hear Outfox has been slowing down your connection! Given you already have quite good internet connection, it does get a little more difficult at those speeds to consistently provide faster speeds. Using the fastest server option, you shouldn't experience slower speeds as Outfox should default to your internet connection if it is faster. However, looking at your first screenshot, it looks like what happened is that Outfox started out just barely faster, which is why Outfox went with using the Outfox connection rather than your standard one. This does happen on occasion but shouldn't be frequent. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong per se but my advice would be to continue using it with the fastest server option - Outfox calculates the speed to all the available server locations so you are much more likely to get a faster connection doing this rather than selecting a manual server. Unfortunately, there's no way to truly replicate the exact conditions of one game session because there are so many variables when it comes to ping. This is why we provide the 2 week trial so you can see if it works for you before committing. Let us know if you have any other questions!