sameertaragi21

Connection drops at 5 Minute mark

13 posts in this topic

I play league of legends on Garena (Singapore Server) and I recently started getting high ping - 180ms whereas I used to get 60 a week ago so I decided to try Outfox. I do not have a subscription and I'm using the free trial just to see if it really works. When I connect with outfox it gives me 65 ping for the first 5 minutes and works smoothly, But as soon as the connection timer hits the 5 minute mark, my game suddenly freezes and displays the message, "Attempting to reconnect". When I close the game and reopen it, the connection timer starts again and the same thing happens, works fine for till 5 minutes then suddenly stops working.

Hi, sorry to hear about the trouble you're having.

Have you specified either of the Singapore servers in the Outfox settings? And if you have, does it work any better if you change it back to the default setting of "Fastest Server"? The Fastest Server option should connect you to the best possible Outfox server, and we recommend using it in most cases.

I hope that helps, let us know!

On 17/5/2021 at 0:50 AM, sameertaragi21 said:

I play league of legends on Garena (Singapore Server) and I recently started getting high ping - 180ms whereas I used to get 60 a week ago so I decided to try Outfox. I do not have a subscription and I'm using the free trial just to see if it really works. When I connect with outfox it gives me 65 ping for the first 5 minutes and works smoothly, But as soon as the connection timer hits the 5 minute mark, my game suddenly freezes and displays the message, "Attempting to reconnect". When I close the game and reopen it, the connection timer starts again and the same thing happens, works fine for till 5 minutes then suddenly stops working.

I tried almost everything. I tried specifying the server to Singapore 1 and 2, and then "Fastest Server" but the same issue persists. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that too doesn't seem to fix the problem. The connection stops at exactly 5th minute mark with a difference of few seconds, give or take as if there was a time limit of some sort.

That is strange for sure. If you disable any antivirus or firewall that might be running on the computer, does that make any sort of difference?

Also, could you try on a different Garena server in League, as well as a non-Garena server in league if you can? I'm wondering if this might be specific to the Garena League servers or not.

Disabling the antivirus and firewall did nothing, same issue. I tried other servers on Garena too but the same thing happened, connection stops after 5 minutes. And non-Garena servers wouldn't do anything because they are far away from my location and Outfox wouldn't be able to do anything anyway.

Garena servers are close to my location and I should get low ping but I'm getting high ping for which I downloaded Outfox. I'd be getting high ping in non-Garena servers ideally too, so to speak.

You are probably right that you'd normally get the best ping on the Garena Singapore server. But just as a test, could you try on a non-Garena server in League to see if the issue is specific to the Garena servers?

So I tried it on the North America Server as well and the same thing happened. Seems like it's the same for other servers as well.

I'd like to jump in and say this is the exact same issue for which I got outfox. Playing on the garena singapore server, and getting 180ms ping instead of the usual 65ms. On Outfox I have tried SG1/SG2 and the fastest Server. When using 'fastest server' Outfox connects to Taiwan for some reason, and I get about 120ms in-game. With the Singapore servers I get 65-70ms but like OP said, it disconnects right about 5 minutes, and everytime it reconnects, it works for 5 minutes thereafter.

Since when did this problem occur for you? For me it started the night before the latest patch.

16 hours ago, sameertaragi21 said:

Since when did this problem occur for you? For me it started the night before the latest patch.

same for me, and outfox doesnt help with it's 5 minute cutoff. Hopefully the issue fixes itself, or else I'm going to try other VPN softwares