prroca31

outfox increase my ping

Question

Hello everyone! 

So i was trying the app in Overwatch, Battlefield 1 and CSGO to reduce my high ping. Saddly instead of reducing my latency it increase. And i was using it in "Fastest Server" setting. I took some screeshoots. Also outfox didn't work in csgo. i couldn't connect. I took some screenshots about my problem. I don't know why this is happening or if there is a solution. Please help me :(

Overwatch outfox.jpg

BF1 Outfox.jpg

CSGO OUTFOX.png

1 answer to this question

Hello @prroca31!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Outfox. 

Your screenshots for Battlefield and CS:GO appear to be normal. Your CS:GO screenshot shows that Outfox could not improve your connection so it wasn't used.

For the Battlefield connection, when we gather network information to determine ping values, we are using raw ping data for your connection over our network. Sometimes, this will cause a discrepancy between the ping time you see with Outfox and the ping time you see in your game. In-game ping reports likely include additional factors such as latency overhead for server processing. Outfox pings are accurate to the network latency and do not include such factors. 

As for Overwatch, it looks like your standard connection may have been better so Outfox shouldn't have been used. Are you sure you were using the "fastest server" option and not manually selecting a location? If so, please send us your connection logs to support@getoutfox.com 

Here's how you can find your log files and share them with us.

1. Find the log files for your session at the following directory paths: 
    1. %ProgramData%\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox\Outfox.log
    2. %AppData%\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox\OutfoxUI.log
      1. Open File Explorer (Win 8/10), also called Windows Explorer (Win 7).
      2. Click in the field at the top that displays what directory you are in. It is the longer field to the left of the Search bar.
      3. Enter the Outfox directory in this format: %ProgramData%\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox (Do this for both paths)
      4. Press Enter.
      5. Locate the Outfox.log and OutfoxUI.log files in their respective folders.

Once we've received your logs and reviewed them, we will follow up via email.