reklamyy

High CPU load

Question

Hi, 

As title says. I'm getting high cpu load when playing game (PUBG). Outfox is taking 25% of my cpu load.

Proc 2500k runnig at 4.5 GHz. 

Regards,

5 answers to this question

Hey @bolagnaise!

I went ahead and reached out to you to get some more information. Be on the lookout for an email from me.

Also, I am going to lock this thread and pin it. Anyone else noticing higher-than-expected or problematic CPU usage, please email support@getoutfox.com. Include a description of what's happening, including the game you are playing and symptoms, and a member of the support team will respond to you in order to collect some additional info.

We've seen a few of these complaints, as you can tell by this thread, but we aren't sure of any root cause just yet. Our dev team will be looking into this further. Stay tuned for an update and thanks!

Hey @reklamyy!

We've only seen a couple of reports regarding higher than expected CPU usage, so I am not sure what might be causing it. But, I'd like to dig in more, so I went ahead and emailed you some steps. We can work on this issue via email ticket, since there's a decent amount of info exchange that'll need to take place. Keep an eye out for my email! Thanks!

happens to my PC too (Windows 10 64-bit).

WoT - it fails to connect and when try to re-connect, Outfox jumps up to 95% CPU.

Hey @louisdesilva,

Thanks for letting us know!

I have reached out to you via email so we can look further into this for you. Be on the look out!

Same thing, i sometimes get failed to connect to server in WoT and then when i try to close outfox, the program locks up and uses 100% cpu usage.

Edit: ill add that it occurs on both my 4770k desktop and 7700hq laptop so it isn't install specific.

Edited by bolagnaise