navarro135

Discord Doesn't work when I run outfox

Question

My friends can't hear me on discord when outfox is running. As soon as I exit outfox my friends on discord can hear me. Anyone have a solution? 

13 answers to this question

Hey @navarro135 ! Much of the time this issue with voice chat on Discord can be resolved by adding an Inbound and Outbound rule for Outfox.exe in your local firewall to allow it through.

Thank you for replying. I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Can you provide a few steps. Sorry..

@navarro135 

We are then happy to assist you with setting up firewall rules to try and resolve this issue. However, if you are able to reproduce this issues constantly I would like to take this opportunity to better understand what is happening! :D

So that we can better understand this issue, we will need to see what traffic is being dropped when Outfox is running. to do this we will need to enable the Logging of Dropped packets on your firewall. To do this please perform the following steps: 

(Steps to help us better understand this issue)
1. Open your start menu and locate the Command Prompt.
2. Right-click the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
3. In the windows type: 

netsh firewall set logging droppedpackets = enable

4. Click enter and you will see the following: 
7YPsvfm.png

5. Start Outfox, Discord, and you supported game
6. Once you have replicated the issues gather the following logs
a. pfirewall.log - Located in: %windir%\system32\logfiles\firewall
b. Outfox.log - Located in: C:\ProgramData\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox
7. once you have this information attach it to your next response.

(How to setup Firewall rules)
In an attempt to resolve issues with Discord and Outfox you can perform the following steps. 
1.  Access your Windows Control Panel.
2. Under "System and Security" open select "Windows Firewall"
3. On the left-hand side select "Advanced settings" 
4. In Advanced settings, right-click "Inbound Rules" and select "New Rule..."
5. Select "Program", and click Next
6. Select "This program path" then click "Browse..."
7. navigate to C:\Program Files\Outfox\ui
8. Select OutfoxUI.exe and click Next
9. Select "Allow the connection" and click Next
10. Make sure all Profiles are selected and click Next
11. Name your new rule (example: Outfox Inbound)
12. repeat steps 4-11 with "Outbound Rules"

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues after setting up these rules and restarting your device! 
Thank you again for your time and understanding, and I do apologize for the long post! ;)

The problem is still present even after I added firewall rules to outfoxUI.exe. 

Heres what pfirewall.log contain.

#Version: 1.5
#Software: Microsoft Windows Firewall
#Time Format: Local
#Fields: date time action protocol src-ip dst-ip src-port dst-port size tcpflags tcpsyn tcpack tcpwin icmptype icmpcode info path

2017-09-26 18:26:09 DROP UDP 127.0.0.1 239.255.255.250 59202 1900 0 - - - - - - - SEND
2017-09-26 18:26:09 DROP UDP 127.0.0.1 239.255.255.250 59202 1900 0 - - - - - - - SEND
2017-09-26 18:26:09 DROP TCP 69.70.71.202 192.168.88.181 55066 22337 52 S 265076122 0 8192 - - - RECEIVE
2017-09-26 18:26:09 DROP UDP 69.70.71.202 192.168.88.181 26874 22337 49 - - - - - - - RECEIVE
2017-09-26 18:26:12 DROP TCP 69.70.71.202 192.168.88.181 55066 22337 52 S 265076122 0 8192 - - - RECEIVE
2017-09-26 18:26:18 DROP TCP 69.70.71.202 192.168.88.181 55066 22337 48 S 265076122 0 8192 - - - RECEIVE

Edited by navarro135

@navarro135 Thank you for that information, and I apologize that this issue continues. As an advent Discord user myself I can only imagine how frustrating it is to not have the means to communicate efficiently.  

What games do you play that we support, and you are experiencing the issue with all of them? 

I see that you play PUBG with our service, and I would like to extend the offer to play a few games and walk through the issue. This will help me understand your experience better! If you are interested you can PM me from our discord server here: 

https://discord.gg/UGbX3d9

FYI, I am one of the best PUBG players in office :P

Thank you again for helping us understand and work towards a resolution to this issue!

I dont even have to play any other game. Simply running Discord and Outfox simultaneously causes discord not work properly. I am able to hear my friends speak. But they cant hear me. 

@navarro135 That is very interesting as Outfox does not handle any traffic unless a supported game process is running in the background.  

I would love to take a look at your Outfox.log after this issue occurs. Can you please replicate this issues, then open your %programdata% locate the Outfox folder, and send us the Outfox.log. You can follow the screenshots below: 

https://imgur.com/gallery/2F0Q5

This will help us understand if the application is correctly handling the Discord traffic. 

Thank you again!

The file extension is not allowed to attach so should i copy pase the entire text file of outfox.log?

@navarro135

Sorry about that, can you send them to support@getoutfox.com in an email with a short description of your issue. From there I can take a look at what the app is doing when you have discord running. 

Thank you!

Looks like the file is too big to send through email also. 

Attachment Size Limit

The file(s) you are trying to attach exceed the 25MB attachment size limit.
OK

There are a few options for this issue :)
You can try to send it in a Zip folder, but if it is too big, feel free to open the log file and past the last few events with the discord issue into a new text file. 

If you want you can:

1. open the windows Services app

2. stop the Outfox service

3. Close outfox

4. Delete the Outfox.log

5. Start the Outfox service

6. Start Outfox

7. Replicate the issue quickly

8. Then send the new log file. 

or

PM me on discord with the log: 
https://discord.gg/UGbX3d9

Well im not able to delte the file because it says im running outfox (which im not) so id have to send the file as is. Which is 27,000kb file size.