Diese

Ping increased

Question

Hello there,

So I installed and tested the software a bit.

I live in germany...so I chose the frankfurt server´s and played pubg and overwatch.

In both games my ping increased from between 8% and 16%.

Then I tried again with the option "fastest server". After that I my ping increased between 1% and 11%.

Can anyone help me or explain why I get no improvements?

1 answer to this question

Hello @Diese!

It sounds like in your case your native connection is a bit faster than the Outfox network at the time you are playing.

To explain, when using Outfox, you are using our worldwide network of servers. In many (but not all) cases, when using the Outfox network your ping times will lower and you will experience decreased latency.

That being said, we are always working to improve the service, so check back and I suggest sticking with using the "Fastest Server" option, as this will automatically determine whether or not to use Outfox or your native connection.

When using the Fastest Server option to connect, Outfox does some tests that check for things like network congestion and ping time. It then determines if the Outfox network or your native internet connection is the fastest. If you see Outfox Not Used displayed, this means your standard internet connection was faster than the Outfox connection, so you were not connected to our network.

I hope that clarifies how it works. Let us know if you have any questions!