Mike Doug

Star Wars: The Old Republic

12 posts in this topic

Look, I know I'm the Co-CTO and all, but even I have a game that's near and dear to my heart that isn't yet supported by Outfox.  In fact, as I was playing it last night with my wife, she said, over Team Speak with a bunch of our other friends, in a very somber voice, "So why doesn't this new product support SWTOR?"  If a pin dropped, you'd have heard it.

So I'm registering my desire to have SWTOR added to the list of supported games!  If you like the idea, like this post!  If you have other thoughts on other games, post that game up or find it's existing post and like that post!  The more information we have from our engaged audience on the games that are important to them, the more targeted we can be on responding to your desires!

It would be great to support SWTOR! I need to get back into the game. My poor Jedi Knight is only level 30-something. 

Well that's your mistake, you're on that Republic side.  Come to the Dark Side!

I also play this game and would like to see it added.  Thanks.  Oh, and I do only play on the dark side. :ph34r:

@dewjim what server do you play on?  I'm on The Shadowlands...  SWTOR is an addiction I should probably see someone about. :)

@Mike Doug I cannot agree more, I started last weekend with a group of friends and can't stop! Currently, I am working on capping my second character.... However, we're on the Bastion server, but we will most likely be moving to a new PVP server with a bit more activity.

Please add this game... as it is one of the only games that requires specific vpn's to run while in China.  This game is the only reason I have a VPN and subscribed to Outfox

SWTOR would be amazing! But I am guessing just like wow needs a different level of support. Hopefully you will get MMO support soon.

On 8/15/2017 at 10:23 PM, max7331jf said:

Please add this game... as it is one of the only games that requires specific vpn's to run while in China.  This game is the only reason I have a VPN and subscribed to Outfox

I live in China as well but my ping was horrible. So I ended up cancelling SWTOR. Outfox doesn't work as a vpn, right? So would you need vypr and outfox?

On 9/3/2017 at 8:36 AM, dr.spunge1031 said:

I live in China as well but my ping was horrible. So I ended up cancelling SWTOR. Outfox doesn't work as a vpn, right? So would you need vypr and outfox?

Yes, Outfox works differently than a VPN and does not change your region or IP.

I play on The Red Eclipse and also stream the game pretty regularly. If you can get this to work with swtor I know about 1000 people who will use it immediately.

@Cody Transfer to The Shadowlands -- if you're playing Imperial I can hook you up with a very large and active guild.  Also, there are no such things as PVP servers anymore.  All servers are PVE/PVP combinations where you can select between the two.  Open world PVP is mostly dead -- until they merge the servers into one single mega server.  That said, it is fun to always play in the PVP instance when you're walking about the planets and finding that opposing faction guy not paying attention and... well you know what happens next!