statix3dom

Early cancellation fees?

Question

The USD $60/year plan seems like the best deal, but what happens if I decide I don't want/need the service before the 1-year term is up? Is there an early cancellation fee? Or, do I pay the prorated difference in price for however many months I used the service, at the standard $10/mo price?

Also, I would greatly appreciate smaller term commitment plans (e.g., 6-month plans), as it's common to change one's mind as to how much one needs this service after a few weeks of use.

3 answers to this question

@statix3dom Thanks for posting! We want the purchase experience to be as seamless and easy as possible, so pro-rated refunds on early cancellation are considered, but not necessarily guaranteed for all cases, as we take into account the two-week trial and all other factors. We will work with users in those cases.

I would mention that, if you pay at the $6.99/mo plan level and find that Outfox is working well for you and you choose to upgrade to the yearly plan, the cost of the yearly plan will be automatically pro-rated against the monthly charge. Ie, sign up at $6.99, use for a week or so and upgrade to yearly, the charge for yearly is about ~$54 (estimated). 

We are definitely exploring options for different types of account plans at different price levels, etc., so your feedback on the 6-month plan will be included!

Thanks again,
Keegan

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

@statix3dom Thanks for posting! We want the purchase experience to be as seamless and easy as possible, so pro-rated refunds on early cancellation are considered, but not necessarily guaranteed for all cases, as we take into account the two-week trial and all other factors. We will work with users in those cases.

I would mention that, if you pay at the $6.99/mo plan level and find that Outfox is working well for you and you choose to upgrade to the yearly plan, the cost of the yearly plan will be automatically pro-rated against the monthly charge. Ie, sign up at $6.99, use for a week or so and upgrade to yearly, the charge for yearly is about ~$54 (estimated). 

We are definitely exploring options for different types of account plans at different price levels, etc., so your feedback on the 6-month plan will be included!

Thanks again,
Keegan

Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, are you saying that at least some form of partial reimbursement will be offered if I cancel my 1-year subscription early? For example, if I cancel after 3 months, maybe I would be charged the standard monthly $6.99/mo for the 3 months I used the service before canceling. Hopefully with a reasonable additional early-termination fee tacked on.

I just don't want to use the service for 3 months, and later decide I don't need it anymore, and be out the full $60 I paid.

You mention that I can upgrade to the full year plan after a week of using the standard monthly plan. What if I used the monthly plan for about 3 months? Would I be able to upgrade to the yearly plan, resulting in me essentially paying for a 9-month term (at a rate of about $5/mo, based on the $60/year plan)?

@statix3dom No worries! I can understand how you might be apprehensive to jump into a yearly subscription without knowing if you'd get the full benefit (I feel the same way every time I buy a year of Playstation Plus).

If you purchase a year and cancel some amount of time in, we will review it and offer a refund against the monthly cost and number of months used. So yes, we will offer some form of partial reimbursement.

For upgrade changes from monthly to yearly, the yearly charge is credited against the pro-rated time available based on the most recent invoice. So if you pay $6.99 on day 1, and you purchase on day 15, then half of the invoice (about $3.50) is credited. It doesn't build up month-over-month, it's only based on the most recent charge.