hatssgd

league of legends
OutFox Won't recognize League of Legends

Question

I've looked up the other guides for using OutFox on League of Legends but none of them fix this problem. I've tried both the fastest server and a couple of the manual ones, also restarting both the LoL and OutFox client in each possible order.

--Note that my internet fully blocks League of Legends (and all other games). This is why I am trying to use the program to play League.

I can run the client from either the taskbar, desktop, or Riot Games folder and it takes me to the title screen. Here, it's stuck at "We're unable to log you in because you're offline". 

2 answers to this question

Hey hatssgd,

Sorry to hear your having issues playing LoL. The issue for using Outfox for getting around ISP blocks for League of Legends is that it doesn't pick up the traffic until the game session starts. Since Outfox doesn't re-route the traffic from the LoL client, if there are blocks that occur earlier (it appears he's getting blocked to the Riot authentication servers), Outfox won't get to the point re-routing around those blocks.

In this situation, I honestly would recommend VyprVPN. If your internet provider throttles or blocks specific kinds of traffic (gaming, streaming, etc.). Then having a VPN should alleviate that issue.

Cheers,
Wes
Outfox Support

16 minutes ago, Wes said:

Hey hatssgd,

Sorry to hear your having issues playing LoL. The issue for using Outfox for getting around ISP blocks for League of Legends is that it doesn't pick up the traffic until the game session starts. Since Outfox doesn't re-route the traffic from the LoL client, if there are blocks that occur earlier (it appears he's getting blocked to the Riot authentication servers), Outfox won't get to the point re-routing around those blocks.

In this situation, I honestly would recommend VyprVPN. If your internet provider throttles or blocks specific kinds of traffic (gaming, streaming, etc.). Then having a VPN should alleviate that issue.

Cheers,
Wes
Outfox Support

Thanks for clearing this up. Perhaps OutFox will be useful to me in the future, but for now I'll have to keep it on hold.

Hope to see you guys again later on in life.