sober

not working any more

Question

Doesnt work with rainbow six siege any more.

10 answers to this question

that page led me to forums and I'm already asking you for support.

Looking at forums shows that you probably have a problem on your end as people report problems with many games lately. So are you working on a solution?

Hello,

I do apologize for the confusion, but I believe Tyler wanted you to contact our support team through our email or live chat channels so that we can quickly gather the info and log files we need from you.  But first, could you please tell us how exactly it isn't working with Rainbow Six?  Is Outfox not engaging?  Is it connecting but you're receiving lower ping? 

We look forward to your reply!

I get error in game that says cant connect to server. If I turn off Outfox then I can connect and play.

So without Outfox I can connect and play, with Outfox I cant connect.

Hi! 

I'm sorry to hear that.  Are you using the fastest server option or manually selecting a server?  Do you experience the same issue with several different servers?

I'm using fastest server cuz its supposed to be the best option. Didnt try other servers.

Thanks! 

Can you please try connecting with a few other servers manually to see if the issue persists?

Per discussion in Discord, it's possible that an update to R6S may have broken Outfox support for the game. We will investigate and check in shortly.

Thank you,
Keegan

@sober

We pushed an update to the game rule for Rainbow 6: Siege to temporarily resolve the issue.

The only issue is, that it is a catch-all rule for the game. The newer rule (that broke) would not start a connection until R6S matchmaking determined which server your match would be on, then Outfox would make the decision on which Outfox server was fastest. Now, the connection will probably always start as soon as you load into the R6S client.

If you had been often connecting to a specific Outfox server for R6S, I would recommend to manually select it in the Outfox server dropdown in the Settings menu. We will need to do further investigation into why starting the Outfox session during R6S matchmaking is suddenly not working so hopefully we can add back in the improvements for R6S that we had added when we released Outfox 1.2. 

To get the new rule for Outfox to again work R6S, please close the Outfox application, go to Start>Services.msc, right click the Outfox service in the list, and select restart. Once it's done, launch the Outfox application again.

Thanks for your understanding, let me know if you have any questions or concerns! We hope to overall improve behavior for RS6 but in the mean time it will work with the rule update we just pushed.

Regards,
Keegan