chongtyngjun

Connection to the host has been lost

Question

Hi Outfox team, I recently just got introduced to this program and I decided to request a free trial, right after downloaded, I tried and it worked perfectly fine. The next day i decided to use it again but whenever i open outfox, I cant seems to connect to the game server, It just says "your connection to the host has been lost". It happened for overwatch too.

6 answers to this question

Hey!

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble.  Where exactly are you seeing "your connection to the host has been lost"?  Is it in any specific game, or are you seeing this in the Outfox application?  What exactly happens when you experience this issue with Overwatch?

Are you using the fastest server option, or are you manually selecting a server?

@Logan Oh I am sorry I didnt mention it was fortnite. With overwatch, I cant seems to get into a game sometimes but when i close outfox, everything worked perfectly fine. Sorry for the late reply .

@chongtyngjun Thanks for getting back to us! Can you give us step by step details of what happens from the time you open the Outfox application?

Also, please make sure that you are using the fastest server option, and let us know if the issue is still occurring!

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Everytime when I opened the Outfox application, it will work perfectly fine for a few games then after that, the problem occurs again. I found a temporarily fix which is go on services on my computer and restart the outfox app service, and everything goes back to normal.

Thank you for the update.  Could you please reproduce the issue for us, and then pass along your log files to the support team?

Find the log files for your session at the following directory paths: 

1. %ProgramData%\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox\Outfox.log
  2. %AppData%\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox\OutfoxUI.log
    1. Open File Explorer (Win 8/10), also called Windows Explorer (Win 7).
    2. Click in the field at the top that displays what directory you are in. It is the longer field to the left of the Search bar.
    3. Enter the Outfox directory in this format: %ProgramData%\Golden Frog, GmbH\Outfox (Do this for both paths)
    4. Press Enter.
    5. Locate the Outfox.log and OutfoxUI.log files in their respective folders.

Please send these to support@getoutfox.com.  Thanks!

Nevermind! Its back to normal since yesterday. It is kinda fixed. Thank you guys tho.