cswilliams93

Using Trial

Question

So I just came across outfox and I am trying it for overwatch. I average 70-90ms and I saw with outfox it was saying 35-40 ms with 5 jitter. I saw no difference in game, does this not actually work until you pay for the product? Also, I read posts about possibly being banned from competitive for using this program.

5 answers to this question

Hello @cswilliams93

Thanks for trying Outfox! To answer some of your questions- the trial is the full experience, it does work, and we aim to provide a connection through the Outfox endpoint that gives the lowest ping. The ping values shown in the Outfox app and in the game (ie Overwatch) can vary depending on how the game/Blizzard reports the latency. If Outfox is connected, it is routing your traffic through the fastest identified Outfox endpoint.

There have been some concerns about being banned from competitive play, but we have not received any real reports. Nevertheless, we do thorough testing on our end and haven't seen any instances of banning. If and when we do receive real reports of banning as a result of Outfox, we will address them immediately.

Let me know if you need anything else!

-Keegan

Ok, I was just wondering because I am receiving the same ping in game, if not slightly higher than my regular connection. It does however say through program I should be receiving 40-50ms, instead I am around 70-90ms. I would like to buy this program to support it, but I am not seeing what is stated here.

Capture.PNG

Edited by cswilliams93

Hey cswilliams93

Pretty awesome improvement there with the Outfox session!

I understand you are talking about the differences in the in game ping and what is shown on our program.

When we gather network information to determine ping values, we are using raw ping data for your connection over our network. Sometimes, this will cause a discrepancy between the ping time you see with Outfox and the ping time you see in your game.

In-game ping reports likely include additional factors such as latency overhead for server processing. Outfox pings are accurate to the network latency and do not include such factors.  This is why you're seeing differences.

Thanks!

Ok, so my connection would stay the same regardless if I was using Outfox? 

Hey cswilliams93

Your screenshot is showing that when Outfox is used you are seeing a 55% improvement over your normal connection and the connection is more stable.  Our path to the Overwatch servers is more optimal for that round.  We suggest continuing to use our Fastest Server option in Outfox settings, however you can go in and try a few specific locations to see if maybe one consistently offers a better connection.  Test it out, and enjoy our 14 day free trial period!

Thanks!