laimiss91

DDOS Attack detected!

5 posts in this topic

My PC was blocked to access internet... Reason: DDOS Attack detected.

@laimiss91 Can you provide some more information about what you are seeing? What security tool is making that report and is there any debug/diagnostic information provided?

I'm using router Archer 1200 with DDOS protection set on "Low" after game "PUBG" starts router automatically add my pc to black list. No diagnostic data.

@laimiss91 Thanks for the info- this only happens when you are using Outfox? If you disable Outfox, do you see the same DDOS protection setting get triggered?

I'm not sure if this is this cause of tripping DDOS warnings, but it's possible that when Outfox starts making the fastest server decision and the application pings all the Outfox sites, the high rate of pings that are sent might be something that the router identifies as a potential symptom of DDOS traffic. It's definitely not unsafe or harmful, but obviously it is an issue if your DDOS protection blocks your computer from the internet.

You might be able to prevent the DDOS warning by reducing the number of pings that your Outfox application performs, by manually selecting a server in the Outfox setting server list (not using Fastest Server), or by temporarily disabling the DDOS protection on the router and testing like that. 

Also, I can safely say it's something that we haven't seen users report before to my knowledge, so I apologize for not having a more direct answer.

@Keegan yes, this happening only with Outfox software. What about selected server, I will give a try and compare if it's works.