wraithtdk

How does this work?

Question

I debated if this should be in tech support or general. I have a technical question, but not a problem. I see Outfox is in the current Humble Bundle, and I was thinking about getting it. I watched the promo video and I have to say...I don't get it. It talks about how my ISP's connection might be unreliable, and how Outfox routes traffic more efficiently...but doesn't the connection still rely on my ISP to connect to Outfox in the first place? So if my isp's connection isn't very good to the game servers, why would it be better to Outfox?

1 answer to this question

Hello,

Outfox improves your gaming performance by routing your game's network traffic over the Outfox network to optimize it. We run our own worldwide network of servers, partner with large-scale Tier 1 Network Providers and peer extensively with major ISPs to offer the fastest delivery of traffic. In many cases, when using the Outfox network your ping times will lower and you will experience decreased latency. With Outfox you will experience less lag and better overall network performance while playing online. 

Even if your ISP connections isn't very good, Outfox may be able to provide a better gaming connection using our network route to the games server. To see the most benefit, we recommend selecting a server that is closest to you or closest to the region of the game server. You can also use the Fastest Server option to allow Outfox to automatically select the best server for you. Fastest Server selection is based on a technical evaluation including network congestion and ping time. The Fastest Server algorithm also considers the standard internet connection as an option. Unlike our competitors, we offer the option to use your standard connection if it's faster for a specific game than the Outfox network.

Regards,

Support Team