pucjin

Getting Worse Ping?

Question

I haven't tested this with other games other than Overwatch, but when I use the program I actually get worse ping with occasional lag spikes... That or I will have the same ping as normal, but I will get lag spikes. I live in Oklahoma, US and get around the same ping on both East and West coast servers in Overwatch. In the screenshot of Outfox it says that I am actually getting decent ping. However, that is not the case. I was actually averaging around 125 ms and peaked at 131 ms. 

outfox.PNG

Edited by pucjin

4 answers to this question

Hey @pucjin,

From what I can tell you are seeing these lag spikes and 125-131 ms in the actual match for Overwatch.  Is that correct?

If so, it is likely that the statistics being reported in the game are being calculated differently than how Outfox is calculating the statistics.  We have an in depth article covering this topic here: https://www.getoutfox.com/blog/outfox-vs-in-game-ping

If not, provide us with a screenshot showing the performance you are reporting.

Thanks!

Im getting worse ping as well in OW than i normally would o.O

f11e4505ea67b869e61293c92641c6f4.png

lmao i got the free 90 day trial but it dont work so its not really a trial just misbranding and misrepresentation but this made me laugh pretty hard when it showed me why i should buy

Untitled.png