johnh1983

Can this remove packet loss

Question

We have packet loss while playing fortnite, isp says its not them, 0-10%.

We found another program that removes the packet loss, but not sure on the legality, vpn. It works perfect.

When using outfox I still get packet loss, does it have any features to remove packet loss? Our ping is never an issue.

2 answers to this question

Hey @johnh1983,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing packet loss in Fortnite with Outfox.  The only available feature for changes at this time is the ability to change server locations.

Hopefully we'll be able to add this in future releases!

Our goal is to try to offer the fastest route to the game server as possible.  When using the Fastest Server option (enabled by default), each match you connect to the program will look at network conditions and if our path to the game server is more optimal, then we'll route you that way.  If it's not, Outfox will let you know it isn't being used.

Within the program if there is packet loss it will be indicated by a red dot, so you can see when it's occurring in game.  More info on this can be read up on here.

Thanks!

I was basing the packet loss % on the in-game network monitor in fortnite. It appeared we got the same packet loss % with outfox on or off. 

The outfox display wasn't showing the same packet loss that it showed in-game, as far as i remember.