Leala

Beta 0.9.2 Update Notes

8 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give the heads up, we have a minor release update going out today for the Outfox beta (version 0.9.2)!

We're working on the live graph, but here's some things that were covered in this release:

More Servers!: For this release, we wanted to focus on increasing performance in South America and the western US, so we introduced two new servers in Miami and Seattle! We'll be adding more servers soon, so stay tuned.
Even Better Server Selection: We made some changes to our fastest server algorithm to improve automatic server selection.
Need Some Steam Summer Sale Money?: We're guessing "yes!" Take our quick survey about your experience with Outfox and you could win some Steam cash! What are you waiting for? PS: You can also find a link to the survey in the sidebar of the forum.

thank you so much for being so interested on south america people, my ping has lower from 110 to 58 in league of legends, will you guys add csgo anytime soon?

Edited by nestooquijada

16 hours ago, nestooquijada said:

thank you so much for being so interested on south america people, my ping has lower from 110 to 58 in league of legends, will you guys add csgo anytime soon?

I'm so glad Outfox has been able to help you! I don't have a time frame yet for CS:GO but it is definitely something we'd like to support for our players. :) 

I can see difference in "server selection" becouse before it took amsterdam while frankfurt gave best resutls . Now after i reinstalled program as admin ( you should say to all that it helps) i see it chose the right server. Good job i hope you start support for Tibia soon since many ppl use proxies in this game. And please add servers in Poland becouse we have terrible packet routing in europe. My ping with Outfox is same or worse at best but my goal is to get stability and no packet loss so please add some servers in Poland.

Edited by dotibito

37 minutes ago, dotibito said:

I can see difference in "server selection" becouse before it took amsterdam while frankfurt gave best resutls . Now after i reinstalled program as admin ( you should say to all that it helps) i see it chose the right server. Good job i hope you start support for Tibia soon since many ppl use proxies in this game. And please add servers in Poland becouse we have terrible packet routing in europe. My ping with Outfox is same or worse at best but my goal is to get stability and no packet loss so please add some servers in Poland.

Thanks for the feedback dotibito! That's really helpful information. :)

34 minutes ago, Leala said:

Thanks for the feedback dotibito! That's really helpful information. :)

Imho you should make servers for games with biggest playerbase instead of asking here which game to support. You can ask people who play these games where to locate servers ( or tracert route to host ). If you locate ur servers in the same physical location as games you host itll be best.

@Pod Karacz our operations team is actively evaluating where our customers are, what games they play, where those game servers are, and how do we improve the latency between the two sets.  Improving the network performance is what we do, and we are working on our network to always ensure that we are getting every last millisecond for you.  We have changes coming soon that are going to shave off even more time for virtually everybody using Outfox.

You mention something about "running as admin" which I don't understand.  The Outfox service already runs as administrator (it won't work if it doesn't!) and the User Interface should never need to run as administrator as it's just a view into the Outfox service and it's not actually doing any of the work.  Please let me know if you're finding different behavior when you're running something as admin vs. not.  You might need to test multiple times to make sure that things are actually working the way you think it is.

Thank you for the great feedback, and I'm excited to hear you are getting such a huge help from Outfox!